2011-06-19

EDC

Inspired by the site Everyday Carry, I'd like to give you a glimpse into what I carry, everyday.



  • The bag - Osprey Daylight. The hydro pack area fits my macbook air perfectly. It's got enough room for my charger and a pair of clothes/shoes.
  • Laptop - MacBook Air 13". Work issued. Awesome, though I'd love more power and battery life.
  • Phone - Samsung Nexus S. T-Mobile. Best phone I've ever used.
    • Micro USB cable. Sometimes you just need to charge it. Also, you can get the power brick adapter that's really small, I carry that when I travel overnight.
    • iPhone headphones (w/mic). It's just the best headphones for me. Bonus the button works to play/pause music on the Nexus S.
  • Glasses - Oakley Splinter. Rx. Black Polarized. I love these glasses. Oakley makes great fitting glasses, at lease for my face. Obviously inside the case.
  • Book - Currently reading, Bill Bryerson
  • Wallet - Coach Luggage. I don't know the model, but I think I've had this for at least 7 or 8 years. I like this one because it's got 6 card slots - choose wisely.
  • Knife - Wenger Swiss Army Apprentice. I've had this for years. It's really handy.
  • Writing - Moleskin Cahier softcover notebook
  • Edibles - Whatever gum I can get. Always carry gum.
  • Watch - Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 8500 (38.5mm, black teak). I have a NATO strap. More comfortable than the metal band. Yes I wear this everyday, it's a beautiful watch and while I have a cellphone, there is something amazing about this timepiece.
  • Keys - 2007 Volkswagen GTI. Turbo...mmm.